Salt Water Toothache Remedy
The salt water toothache remedy is a toothache remedy that has withstood the test of time. Humans have been using salt to help a toothache for thousands of years. This toothache remedy works due to the antibacterial properties of salt. Luckily most people will have what is required to use this toothache remedy in their kitchen. Follow the instructions below to help relief your toothache.
Things You Need
- Salt (sea salt preferred)
- Warm Water
Salt WaterToothache Remedy Instructions
- Add 1 cup of water to a glass cup.
- Add 2 Tablespoons of salt to the warm water.
- Stir until all the salt is dissolved into the warm water.
- Swish the salt water near the toothache for 60 seconds.
- Repeat this process 4 to 6 times a day and use an over the counter pain reliever.
How the Salt Water Toothache Remedy Works
You can thank the antibacterial properties of salt (Sodium Chloride) for helping relieve your toothache. Bacterial is naturally killed by salt due to water being drawn out of their cells by the process of osmosis. It’s important to remember that you shouldn’t use to much salt as it can be horrible tasting and not be as effective. We suggest that you use sea salt, but standard salt found in your kitchen can be effective. Remember this is not a permanent solution to your toothache; you will need to seek the professional services of a dentist. For a very low monthly cost dental insurance can make a dentist affordable.