Vanilla Extract Toothache Remedy
The vanilla extract toothache remedy is another toothache remedy that has been around for a very long time. This remedy works because vanilla extract is made in a solution of ethyl alcohol; which is a known antiseptic. This is also one of the few home toothache remedies that doesn’t taste or smell horrible. Follow the below directions and see if this remedy can help relieve your tooth pain.
Things You Need
- Vanilla Extract
- Cotton Balls
Vanilla Extract Toothache Remedy Instructions
- Grab a clean cotton ball and place it on a plate.
- Lightly soak the cotton ball with vanilla extract.
- Apply and hold the cotton ball next to the tooth and gum are for 30 seconds.
- Allow the cotton ball to sit for 5 minutes and remove.
- Repeat the process as nessessary and use in combination with an over the counter pain killer.
How the Vanilla Extract Toothache Remedy Works
The vanilla extract toothache remedy works due to the solution that vanilla extract is made in. The solution is ethyl alcohol, or popularly known as ethanol. Ethanol kills bacteria by denaturing their proteins and dissolving their lipids. Make sure you read the ingredients of your vanilla exact and make sure it contains ethyl alcohol or it won’t be effective. Remember this is not a permanent solution to your toothache; you will need to seek the professional services of a dentist. For a very low monthly cost dental insurance can make a dentist affordable.